If you’re looking for the chance to climb a mountain with the kids, this is an exceptional excursion. This route in the Izarraitz mountains is more and more popular among families. It’s the shortest and easiest trail to get to Xoxote.
- Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 4 km
- Ascent: 280 m
How to get there
- Follow the path weaving through the trees from the Attola car park and follow the signs.
- At the end of the climb, you emerge from the trees and continue to ascend along a footpath through fields.
- When you reach the end, you will see the cabin and the well.
- Passing the Kakute cross on the right, next to Izkitturri, follow the sign to Zamaleku.
- Take the unpaved road and follow the sign for Xoxote, until you reach the Xoxote refuge.
More plans With children
A 19th century experience
Experience life like the first inhabitants of Urola Erdia!
An excellent plan for exploring the district’s museums as a family. Benefits and prize draws for children
The chance to get to know Azpeitia through its nature
A fruit with its own identity